Monday, May 2, 2011

Can't we just throw them away?

As a mom, I hold many hats...cheerleader, referree, psychologist, doctor, chef, and now, to add to the fun, Tooth Fairy. I kept searching when my son lost his first tooth for the manual on tooth etiquette, but alas, it could not be found. The first question, "How much is one tooth worth?" I don't want the tooth fairy to come off as cheap...but, we're in for ten more years times two. I don't want the tooth fairy to go bankrupt. Then, there is the problem of the switch. Having two boys sharing the same room, not only do I have to wait for one to fall asleep, I have to wait for two. This sometimes means staying up WAY past my bedtime.

Did you know that legos really hurt when you step on one barefoot? And, it's even harder not to cry out loud when stepping on said lego? My parent hood training failed to cover proper footwear for impersonating make believe persona.

Job done...money placed (I learned that four quarters is NOT the same as a dollar bill in the mind of a seven year old. The seven year old wants quantity, not quality). The last question arises. What exactly am I supposed to do with the collected teeth? Make a little tooth necklace? Creepy....Keep them locked away in a little box...for what? I'm guessing they do not make a suitable wedding present. Something borrowed? Something blue? Something strange?

Ciao' for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment