Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's gotta be said....

WARNING: The following may be offensive to some. I realize that I am over generalizing, but if you don't like it, stop reading. If you disagree, good...I like stirring things up.

I have come to a conclusion about the younger men (the twenty and thirty-somethings) of Italy. They fall into one of two categories: either smoking hot and manly or scrawny and girly.

Let's start with the guys that would be getting stuffed into lockers and trash cans if they were in the States. I'm not saying they look nerdy or gay...ok, maybe gay, but I am saying that there are not a lot of masculine qualities being exhibited. If one of these guys were on a scooter with a helmet, you could go 50/50 on whether or not it was a dude or a chick. Most of them are smaller than a 12 year old girl. We were at a shopping mall, and had a guy pass us wearing two pairs of jeans. One over top of the other. And the one on top couldn't have been more than a size six. I'm happy if I can squeeze into one pair of jeans, let alone two. And let's not even talk about what it would take for me to fit into a size six again.

When winter comes, it will be even harder to discern the guys from the gals. They'll be all bundled up in their uni-sex clothes, and the scarves will cover up the facial hair.

At first, I thought all Italian men were the size of middle school girls and wore purple. But then....there he was. His body was built like Michelangelo's David...chiseled and rock hard. He was the only man I had ever seen who could make a banana hammock (weenie bikini, speedo, whatever) look good. He was standing there by the side of the pool speaking Italian into his phone, so I knew he wasn't "one of ours."

It was then that I figured it out...there are a handful of amazingly gorgeous, well-built Italian men who have taken all of the men hormones for their culture, leaving only girly hormones for the other thousands of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment